Turramurra Fresh Produce and Gourmet Market champions both social and environmental sustainability. Our vendors are expected to adhere to our Sustainability Policy (outlined below) and we request that all of our visitors are conscious of, and endeavour to reduce their negative impact on the environment.
Turra Produce works closely with the Better Business Partnership, towards achieving our sustainiability goals. We were the winner of the 2018 Sustainability Award and continue to be an accredited sustainable business. Additionally, the market has committed to the “Bye Bye Plastic” Pledge.
We are always eager to support social sustainability platforms and invite NPO’s to contact us with regard to spreading awareness by having an obligation-free presence at our market.
Turramurra Fresh Produce & Gourmet Market recognises that businesses can have a negative impact on the environment. We are committed to, finding ways in which we can reduce the impact of our market, both at the Karuah Park and in the environment at large.
Our commitment to social and environmental sustainability, is all-encompassing, with particular focus on the following areas:
- The market is an equal opportunities enterprise and does not discriminate based on age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, race, descent or national or ethnic origin, religion, religious beliefs or activities, family/carer responsibilities, mental or physical disability, impairment or illness, political belief or activity, marital or relationship status, pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- Turra Produce will lend itself to being a platform for the dissemination of knowledge, information and services related to the improvement of lives and well-being.
Where practically possible:
- We support and encourages the use of solar power.
- Turra Produce encourages vendors to reduce the energy required for the provision of services.
1. The market and its vendors are committed to ensuring that there is no wastage of water.
- We request no single use plastic packaging or bags be used at the market. Vendors must use only recyclable, biodegradable or paper products as far as possible.
- Vendors will only offer single use plastic on customer request.
- Stallholders will commit to recycling and composting waste wherever possible.
- Both, vendors and visitors to the market, are encouraged to BYO coffee cups and shopping bags.
- Turra Produce encourages all vendors to take the “Bye Bye Plastic Pledge.”
- Where practical, Turra Produce and its vendors will give preference to suppliers and products that are sustainable.